Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Thoughtfetti

More cruise stuff tomorrow or whenever I get to it...just takin' a little break.
~~~~~
Have you ever hear the saying "Madder than a wet hen"? Have you ever seen a wet hen? They don't look mad to me...just irritated. I wonder where that saying came from...
~~~~~
If revenge is a dish best served cold, and revenge is sweet...does that mean revenge is ice cream?
~~~~~
When people ask where I'm from I tell them "Redneck Central" but I wasn't born here. When I first moved here, I didn't have an accent, and resisted taking one on...until one day a few years ago I woke up channeling Callie Duquesne from CSI Miami and just gave in and went with it. People underestimate a gal with a Southern accent. Fine by me...bless their hearts...
~~~~~
A few days ago I was cleaning house, up and down the stairs putting things away, moving about quite a bit. I was hot. I actually said "Good grief, I'm sweatin' like a whore in church!" What the hell...am I now channeling PG-13 Hee-Haw along with Callie Duquesne from CSI Miami?
~~~~~
I won't tell you what I was shakin' like, but I will mention that the euphemism I used is one I recently learned from Someone, who is a font of colorful words and phrases. My vocabulary "improves" daily.
~~~~~
Do you think the guy in the back of the bobsled is worried that the fellow in front of him had beans for dinner?
~~~~~
Confirming my redneckery...I was chatting about investing with a very intelligent, investment savvy fellow on the cruise, and after making it clear that I am the opposite of savvy in this area, I said "My idea of investing is buying land, building a house, fencing it all in and buying a shotgun." Ohmuhgod, I can't believe I said that. At least I didn't say anything about my retirement plan...wining the lottery.
~~~~~
Does anyone else wish the announcers would just shut up and let them watch the figure skating in peace? Or are we no longer allowed to have our own opinions as to the performance of the skaters?
~~~~~
Does anyone else think Johnny Weir was hosed? Or that he should have been part of the exhibition skate because hello? Fabulous!!
~~~~~
What's on your mind?

No comments: