Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

Tibi gratias agimus quod nihil fumas.

It says "...freedom of...", not "...freedom from...".

"It's amazing to me how many people think that voting to have the government give poor people money is compassion. Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness. People need to be fed, medicated, educated, clothed, and sheltered, and if we're compassionate we'll help them, but you get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right. There is great joy in helping people, but no joy in doing it at gunpoint." - Penn Jillette







Thursday, February 11, 2010

Keping Track

There's a three-month calendar hanging on our kitchen wall. It's one of those erasable ones, and I color code things so it's easy to see who's doing what on which day with just a glance.

Look:
It's useful for keeping track of the important things in life. Like when to plant peas. And Birthdays. And stinky eggs...er...I mean...holidays like Ostara. I like to doodle things on holidays and birthdays...my Ostara egg was meant to have sun rays coming from it, but they look more like stink waves. Sigh. A sketch artist I ain't.

I mess with the names of the months, too...Janufairy, Feblueberry, Marchvelous...because I like a little silly in my life.

It can get a little crowded on there, when life's busy. I like that, though...seeing an empty month is something of a bummer for me. It means nothing's going on, and while I'm really a home-body, I DO like a little socializing from time to time.

Oddly, I tend to live day by day without keeping track of the hours. It's a dichotomy - living a timeless life with a big old reminder of passing days right there where I can't miss it. I'm like that, though...full of opposites. Suits me.

How 'bout you? Do you keep a calendar, or just let the days do what they will?
~~~~~
Cruise report: At sea today - lounging by the pool (not really - I don't tan, and a bathing suit in public is just more than I can do right now), reading, working on a craft project, napping, and NOT eating my way through the hours. Tomorrow - more of the same, chugging homeward...and I'm not sorry, because I miss Someone and the Evil Genius and the cats and Casa de Crazy something fierce!

3 comments:

Rob Houston said...

I've learned to live my life on a week by week basis, and even then things get crazy. I shift and change plans so often the Future Mrs. Houston can barely keep up (she's not used to the break-neck speed in which I live daily). Between coven, kindred, band, friends and family I NEVER have time for myself :x

I'm so very glad to see you both happy and flourishing! He seems like a good man, and those are hard to come by these days :)

Hail Family!

HermitJim said...

I know you'll be glad to get back home! "Be it ever so humble..."and all that!

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Hail Rob and your Family, too!

Kydd-o... that calendar is full-- well, messy, what with weather causing all kinds of shceduled/cancelled yardverks-- but not to worry: two mas dias and you can correct it all, and replace the Two-faced God-month with April Showers!

Casa misses you something fierce as well, woman