Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Thoughfetti

I'm working at the track this weekend as a control communicator for the Peachstate Porsche Club driver's ed. event.  We're training someone to do the job that one of my oldest friends from the track does, because my friend is ready to hand it over to someone else and get some rest on her weekends.  Selfish.  Heh.

So the person we're training?  The person I suggested and heartily endorse for the position?  My ex sister-in-law.  Yup.

When T and I divorced, Mizz J told me I wasn't getting away that easily!  We call each other sister-outlaw, a phrase my mom coined for herself and HER sister-outalw when she and my dad divorced.  Divorce doesn't mean you have to sever ALL connections.
~~~~~
I spent Friday  running errands with K2.  We went to lunch after.  The kids were at her house with J.  It was lovely.  After we were done, I got to rummage through K2's jeans - I had bemaoned my lack of pants and how the two pairs of jeans I have are getting too big.  She had some hand-me-down-able things, so I tried 'em on.  Three pairs of jeans the richer, me, and they are two sizes smaller than what I have been wearing.  Woot!
~~~~~
I have had a sore throat for two weeks now.  Several nights I have taken pain medication because it keeps me awake.  One night was bad enough I cried.  For more than an hour.  I am tired of hurting...always something...
~~~~~
Sprout has taken to saying "Dammit!"  She uses it appropriately, and I am torn...it's freakin' cute, but...well...she really souldn't use cuss words...yet...
~~~~~
Since when do ten-year-olds act sullen, resentful, and backtalk?  I thought I had a few more years...
~~~~~
I was trying to save money for a bike...and bills and expenses kept foiling me.  I finally built up a few bucks and then?  Someone bought me Blue Beauty, my noble steed.  Now what?  Hmm.  I think...I think...I will be a little selfish...and maybe try to save for a cruise with my friend K2...maybe some other women...but no kids, no mens, just us chicas out on the waves.  At the rate I'm going we'll be able to set sail in...umm...2050 or so.
~~~~~
I am bone tired, soul tired, deeply in need of respite...but I am still kicking.
~~~~~
My band produced a new CD.  It's titled "Rise Up" and it's available on iTunes, Amazon, and CD Baby.  I think it's our best one, and it's certainly the only one I have actually listened to willingly, on purpose, more than once.  For what it's worth...
~~~~~
I am slowly adding to my iTunes library.  I find that buying one or two songs at a time suits me.  I like the eclectic mix of noise I can shuffle and play at will.  When a friend plays something I enjoy, I find out what it is and add it to my library.  What are some of your favorite pieces to play?

No comments: