Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Saturday, September 3, 2016

A Short Musical Interlude

It's Labor Day weekend, and I plan to celebrate by...er...laboring?  Well, cleaning a little, anyway.  I'm trying to get Casa de Crazy a little cleaner by going from room to room and purging.  Sometimes being surrounded by all this crap...er...future family heirlooms that no one will want...er...future donations...weighs on me.

I finally mostly finished the sun room - anything left to do in there is more like a daily thing, now - so it's on to the dining room.  I suspect this will be a wee more difficult because I have so may things in there that I adore, but I hope I can be sensibly ruthless about it and make some breathing room.  If I can get the bookshelf that's been lurking in there back downstairs, it'll help immensely.

So while I'm sweating, swearing, and getting covered in dust and cobwebs, here's a happy little song for your weekend.

What're you up to?

No comments: