Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Friday, September 12, 2014

Not Hot Hot

I made salsa yesterday.  I've never made salsa before, so I exercised my Google Fu, found a recipe that looked workable, and mostly ignored it because that's how I roll, yo.

I don't eat a lot of salsa, but Someone does, and he mentioned the many tomatoes lurking around our kitchen and how maybe they'd be better used in something rather than sitting about growing long hair and menacing the other produce or earnestly insisting that the denizens of the veggie drawer hold a poetry slam, so...salsa.
I used a great many yellow pear tomatoes, a few Romas, one rather orange tomato of a different sort, several green onions, a green bell pepper, and a Thai Insanity Pepper from out garden.  I added some white onion, chopped garlic, key lime juice, cumin, black pepper, and Celtic sea salt.


I refused to eat any until Someone tried it - he has a better tolerance for spicy than I do, and those Thai peppers?  Are angry, angry critters. 

He liked it well enough to eat it with chips, and then on the fish I cooked for dinner, and then with more chips, so I guess I can safely say it turned out okay and I'll be playing with the recipe in the future.

No comments: