Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Time Slip

I need more time.  Wouldn't it be nice if we could bank minutes, hours, days?  Save a little here, a little there, use it when we need to stretch time a little?

I have so much to do, and it must all be done by Saturday, because on Sunday the kids, our friend A, and I will be motoring up to Ohio for our annual visit to Wisteria Campground.  We'll be there ten days, then home again, home again!

Between now and then?  Trailer needs tidying and loading, sewing needs doing, van needs cleaning and organizing, then loading, clothes need washing and packing, groceries need buying, house needs cleaning, and I have a band rehearsal, a holiday, and tons of other things to attend to.

I used to be much more organized, less stressed about these trips...back before kids...

So I could use some of the time I've saved driving, finding short cuts, trimmed from chores...to get everything done well in advance of this trip so on Saturday all I have to do is buy groceries and get the food packed and stowed in the van.

Sigh.

Hey buddy, can you spare a ten-minute spot?

No comments: