Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

And In the End, It's Never Enough

Trying to solve troubles blind, dizzy, and hurting
Trying to find the way down a narrow, winding way
In darkness, unbalanced
Feeling the fall that waits
Waits
Waits
For one misstep

What's the point, except something to crash down onto
Some jagged thing
Made of up indifference
Greed
Selfishness
Petulance

Worthless dreams
Stupid things
Meaningless

And I the fool for having believed.

Never again.

I'm done trying.

Go away, stupid dreams

Go away and pester someone else
Who can give you what you want
What you deserve

Quit trying to shape me into your realization.

I've given over everything of myself

My health

My heart

My mind

Everything

And still you clamor for more

Never seeing that you have taken what little of the best there is

Used it all up

And hate what's left.

No comments: