Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

If Only

AOL (yes, yes, I know some wits call it AOHell, but I happen to love my long-established AOL account) has a sign-on feature that often strikes the thought "If only..."

Down at the bottm of the sign-on screen is a little toggle box that says "Make me invisible at sign in".

Huh.

Sometimes I wish it translated into real life.

2 comments:

Susan said...

You canNOT bake like a fiend for your friends like you do then think you should be invisible!! You are an amazing mother, companion and incubator. What's wrong, friend?

Kyddryn said...

Nothing's wrong, sugar - yesterday I had a case of the blahs, but today's just fine - it's just that I keep seeing that little toggle and thinking "Wouldn't it be nice, sometimes?" Then, too, I could get myself locked into the mall and have all the hot wings and Gyro wraps I could stand (and maybe raid the Godiva store while I'm at it)...not that I'm craving 'em, nope, not one bit. Ahem. Also, I will admit that the Universe occasionally takes too much enjoyment from mucking with me, and I wouldn't mind escaping its notice now and then.

Thanks for asking!