Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Kind Word

I have been following Fat Cyclist on his blog for a while now. His wife has cancer. She is near the end. I am heartsick for this man I don't know, and his family I've never met. I've been through so many cancer deaths...

I wish I could make it go away.

I wish I could manifest my chosen super-power, Mom's Kiss, and make it all better.

I don't often hate. Hatred is a waste of time, energy, and spirit. I hate cancer.

My aunt D will die of cancer...by year's end, or soon after.

If you have a moment and a little love or compassion to spare, go see Fatty and say a kind word...he and his children are dangling over a very dark abyss and could use all the hands that will reach to hold them up.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Consider it done. You spread more joy and comfort than I think you'll ever realize.

Kyddryn said...

Susan, thanks...