Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Sunday, June 30, 2024

 


At 5:31 am on June 17, 2024, the dragon flew.

Both my brother Cabot and I were by her side when, between one breath and the next, Mom stepped through the veil and into the next great adventure.

Last evening, Mom was aware that the time was close.  We did what we could to keep her comfortable, and her last words to me were “I love you.” followed by our silly ASL I love you finger wiggle thing.

She went to sleep and a few hours later was gone.

Thank you for the support that you gave to Mom as she navigated a difficult course.  Your words, gifs, memes, photos, flowers, stickers, calls, and gifts meant the world to her.  She was touched and voiced surprise that so many people cared so much.

I was not surprised, because I knew what an amazing woman she was and took great delight in telling her so.

She will be cremated.

A memorial will take place next April, around her birthday, both to give us time to mourn and to make plans for one heck of a party.  

Meanwhile, I’ll be carrying her along on my travels - we WILL go to the Isle of Skye one day to see a Highland Coo and visit a distillery, because she said she would go with me and she’s not getting out of it that easily.

Love you all.  Stay safe in the world.  Fuck cancer.

No comments: