Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

It IS A Kind of Madness

When I was a kid (shut up - I was TOO a kid once, and it was even AFTER the dinosaurs walked the earth!), I was vehemently anti-drug of any kind.  I was taught to be so by people who were taught to be so, without thought, simply because that was the established rule.

I grew the hell up and learned to think for myself, something that now seems to be the exception rather than the rule.  I see that there are drugs, and there are drugs.  Some things are destructive, horrifying - meth - and some things are beneficial and a threat to chemical pharma - marijuana - and they are all lumped together into a great big "NO!!!" because that's easier than looking, listening, considering, and acting on a case-by-case basis.

Well, too bad.  It's time to quit being lazy, quit accepting the word of greedy, lying, manipulating politicians and start looking at what's going on all around us.  People are suffering, and why?  Laws made to keep black folk from intermingling with white folk (it was believed that jazz musicians would use the evil marijuana to seduce white women, and I swear I am NOT making this up) and to protect ONE man's tree harvesting interests (because hemp, lumped in with MJ, is a superior crop for paper, among other things).

If you think the prohibition on a plant is righteous, respectfully and with love I say you are ignorant.

If you think pot is worse than meth (pot is a schedule 1 drug, meth schedule 2.  Think about THAT!) then I say this with love - you drank the Kool Aid.

I'm tired of seeing people live in fear because of their medication.  I'm tired of seeing people live in fear because of their recreation.  I'm tired of seeing people live in fear because of their avocation.

Stop the madness.

No comments: