Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Sunday, November 24, 2013

The Countdown Begins

Thanksgiving is in four days.  Four days!  Where'd my year go?  Gah!!!

Ahem.

Today I am baking herb bread so I can cut it into cubes and let it go stale.  Yup.  That's how I do my dressing, and so far no one's complained they don't like it.  The dough is on its first rising as I type.  I dig bread dough - it's alive!  Watching it poof up, slowly encroaching on the edges of the rising bowl, is kind nifty.

In a couple of hours it'll be in the oven, making Casa de Crazy smell fantastic.  I'm baking two batches, which will yield four loaves.  Not all of it is for dressing, but I have learned that I need to make extra - filling the house with that delectable scent and not having any to nom on is just about the height of cruelty!

I'll be doing little things all week to get ready for Thursday.  We're not having a huge crowd and I'm not cooking a huge feast, I just don't want to have a ton of work to do in one day, and some things do better when they've had a day or three to sit and mingle.

Tomorrow I am shooting photos at K2's place - this time of year she comes off the road and updates her online presence and I help by shooting pics and writing Etsy posts for her.  There's a link on her sidebar if you're interested in some fantastic art and wearables!

The rest of the week will have me in and out of the kitchen and tidying the Casa (which isn't as much work as it has been because I've been kinds sorta keeping up with it a tiny bit more).

How's your week shaping up?

3 comments:

Momlady said...

Looking forward to a delicious meal. I won't forget the pie!

HermitJim said...

I can almost smell that bread already!

Some smells can hid in your memory forever!

Kyddryn said...

Mr. Hermit, sir, one day we'll have you come visit and I'll cook up a storm!