Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Saturday, April 20, 2013

This 'n' That.

Busy week.  I was in Gatlinburg on Monday and Tuesday, recording with two of my band-mates (K2 and Otter) and another band.  It was fun, a challenge, and I enjoyed it for the most part.  The drive up was beautiful - we took 441 through the Smoky Mountains.  I was afraid we couldn't because until Monday morning the rout was closed due to a landslide.  Just in time, it reopened.  Hurrah for us!

We left Gatlinburg Tuesday night and drove home - I was driving, no sense taking three vehicles.  I didn't get home until after 2:00 in the morning!  Wednesday I took the kids to the park, then started registration for the Grand Am race.  Grand Am pretty much took up the rest of the week.  I think it went well enough...at least, no one complained to me about anything.  I took the kids over with me and they had fun running about and playing in the dirt.  There's so much sand in our septic tank, the microbes probably have a resort...

I am looking forward to a hopefully quiet, uneventful Sunday, because next week is already looking busy, and somehow I have to squeeze in more studio time because one of my tracks needs to be relaid.  Then next weekend I am working at another race track as a control communicator, and then we are heading to Florida for a performance.  Whew.

I am exhausted, and there doesn't seem to be much of a respite in sight, but at least it's a good kind of busy.

How was your week?

No comments: