Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

Tibi gratias agimus quod nihil fumas.

It says "...freedom of...", not "...freedom from...".

"It's amazing to me how many people think that voting to have the government give poor people money is compassion. Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness. People need to be fed, medicated, educated, clothed, and sheltered, and if we're compassionate we'll help them, but you get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right. There is great joy in helping people, but no joy in doing it at gunpoint." - Penn Jillette







Monday, March 18, 2013

Who Wants Music On Monday?

Because I am tired, it's late, and I'm feeling a little...I dunno...  And because today (I was going to say "tomorrow" but "tomorrow" turned into "today" while I was typing, and does anyone else ever get a little dizzy when dealing with time and tense like that?) I am spending the day with Mum since I have double rehearsals and recording, and weekend work to boot, for the next few weeks so I won't be able to go up and spend they day with her again for almost a month (gah!)...  Here's a piece of music that I enjoyed from a movie that I still enjoy when I can watch it...

What are some of your favorite movie soundtrack gems?

3 comments:

HermitJim said...

Boy, that's a tough one to answer. I have so many favorites that I can hardly pick just one!

I'll have to think about that one some more, kiddo!

Bella Foxglove said...

I love the movie Surf's Up...and my favorite song from the soundtrack is "Stand Tall" by the Dirty Heads. :D

I love music and so many movies in my opinion have been made great simply by having an awesome soundtrack!

Kyddryn said...

Bella, I was so bummed to learn that the only way I could buy that song from the movie is to buy the entire soundtrack. Not that I don't like the music as a whole, but I can really only afford to buy one song at a time. Dang!

Shade and Sweetwater,
K