Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Analgesic

Tuesday, I dropped a can of evaporated milk on the second toe of my right foot.

It hurt.

It's turning interesting colors. I'd show you, but I can't get my camera to talk to my computer right now.

I'm walking funny because of it.

Walking funny while carrying a hold-me baby has made my foot hurt, and my ankle, and my knee, and even my hip and back.

So tonight, I took a pain pill. I don't often take them - even after the c-section, I kept the pills to a minimum. They make me feel dopey. Don't worry, it wasn't a heavy-weight one, just an Advil. I wouldn't have taken it, but I am tired in more than body and could use some sleep...not that I'm getting any, up all hours blogging...

Two hours later, my foot hurts a bit less.

Where's the pain pill for my heart, though? It's been rather hammered, lately, poor blighted thing, and could use a little relief itself...but I can't seem to find anything in the medicine chest to help with that ache.

7 comments:

That Janie Girl said...

Girl.

Sorry for your pain. I'll be praying for you. Be at peace - and foot be healed! ;)

Momlady said...

Sorry about the toe....and your heart. Wish I could kiss them and make them better.
Mum

SHARON said...

You'd better tape that toe to your big toe. I dropped a treadmill on my second toe a few years ago and now the dumb thing is a hammer toe and needs surgery.

Susan said...

Is this the depression that you predicted would come about after Sprout's birth or is something more happening? Hearts have more nerve endings than toes...thinking of you.

Wild Cakes said...

Gentle hugs for you and your heart K...

vlad said...

Cayenne is great stuff. Improved blood circulation will help your toe to heal.

http://vlad-unclevlad.blogspot.com/2011/02/cayenne-cinnamon-and-turmeric.html

I take one teaspoon cayenne, cinnamon, honey and turmeric shaken in water at breakfast and bedtime.
No more acid reflux, and I feel good.

http://www.health.com/health/article/0,,20410328,00.html

vlad said...

http://scarletwhore.com/?p=3692

excerpt Got heart trouble? Having a heart attack? Try Cayenne pepper. It will stop a heart attack in its tracks. Cayenne pepper is a very powerful vasodilator . It works faster than aspirin and has no side effects. Sprinkle a capsule worth in your Green tea. Use a tea spoon in hot hater and drink it down in case of chest pain and oncoming heart attack.

http://www.cayennepepper.info/health-benefits-of-cayenne-pepper.html

Yes, the effect of cayenne pepper on your body is dramatic, even literally instant and no more so than with the heart. Cayenne pepper’s benefits is one of the things that brought you to this article so now let’s discuss the phenomenal healing properties of cayenne pepper with the human heart.

Dr. John Christopher, the famed natural herbalist, was persecuted relentlessly by the government for his practice of herbal medicine all the while assisting patients in curing heart disease, cancer, tuberculosis, infertility, rheumatism, leukemia, and every other incurable under the sun.

One of his greatest stories in his long career was how he could instantly stop a heart attack if he could get the patient to drink a glass of warm cayenne water. He said, “A teaspoon of cayenne should bring the patient out of the heart attack.”

etc............