Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Love, Love, Love


Once upon a time, I would tell people that I only know one way to love - absolutely.  There were no gradations, I loved my mother the same way that I love my cats the same way that I loved my friends the same way that I loved everyone.

That still holds true in many ways.

The love I feel for K2 is no less or more than the love I feel for my mother.  The love I feel for my children and Someone is no different than the love I hold for A or Gypsy or the other K or even my ex-husband.

I can understand where this might cause some consternation.  After all, if I love them all the same, how is anyone special?  But they are special, every one of them.

The love varies in intensity and application, but always absolute - what I love best about one is not the same thing as what I love best about another - but they're all tangled up in my heart and plucking on one string makes them all vibrate.

Today's a good day to be thinking about love, what with the whole Valentine's brouhaha going on.

You are loved.  You are.  Yes, even you, the one who feels alone in the world.  You are loved.  I love you.  Not in the abstract, but in a very real way.  I don't have to know you to love and appreciate your place in this world, because this world is awesome and it couldn't be this awesome if you weren't adding your light, your reflection, your voice to the mix.

I hope that whoever you are, wherever you are, you feel loved - not just today, but every day.

No comments: