Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Monday, March 30, 2009

The Sweetest Thing

There was a package waiting for me when I got home, come all the way from the Yukon by special snail.

In truth, it arrived last Thursday, but as I was halfway to St. Simon's when it came, I had to wait until I got home to open it.

I have a friend in Canada to whom I sent a hand-crocheted scarf (one of these days I'll post the photo of it) because it gets bloody cold where she lives and I thought she could use a bright, soft, long hug from Georgia.

In retaliation return, she shipped me a care package!
It had a bunch of terrific swag in it:

As soon as I saw the pillow, I hugged it and then showed it to the boys with the stern admonition that "This is MY pillow, MINE, and you are not to use it as a butt pillow, or for anything else. No touchy!!" Really, you wouldn't think I'd have to say it...

Isn't it sumptuous??I couldn't do it justice with the camera - it's all moss and chocolate and gold and squishy...

Check out the mug - it reminds me of henna, and it's a good size for tea. And how about that? There's a tin of Arctic Wildflower Tea tea from Aroma Borealis that will go nicely in the mug! There's also an Aroma Borealis (isn't that an awesome name??) chocolate chai soap and lip balm (hmm...I wonder if I can get away with a three day bath??), and a chocolate bar aptly named "Lunatic". How did she know??

Thank you, Mizz R (I'll out you if you like, but thought I'd protect your privacy so you don't get inundated with requests for lovely, thoughtful boxes full of wonder), and I love you, too!

1 comment:

RachelW said...

Yay! I'm so glad the snail has arrived!! xox