Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Saturday, April 26, 2008

You...and meme...we're the kind of people...other people...wish they...could be...

Ten points if you recognize the song. Twenty if you know where it came from. Fifty if you know the rest of the words. For a bit of weekend fun, and because I am supposed to be going up to mum's today to help install a floor (which mostly means keeping myself, Bird, and mum's cat out of T's way while he does it), I'm sharing another long meme that someone shared with me. No, no, you don't have to thank me...well...OK...nothing says "Thanks" like a stack of Franklins...

On with the meme...


Who was your FIRST Homecoming date?
I never went to one, nor a prom.

What was your FIRST alcoholic drink?
I was drinking wine with dinner as a child, and champagne at celebrations. If the question refers to one's first drink stronger than that, I believe it was a Slow Comfortable Screw. Either that or a Daiquiri.

What was your FIRST job?
Baby sitter. If the question refers to a job where one fills out forms and has a payroll check, then berry picker (the one time in my life I wished I was short).

What was your FIRST car?
1979 Chevy Malibu Classic with a 305 V8...my Clementine...I loved that car.

Who was the FIRST person to text you today?
I don't text.

Who is the FIRST person you thought of this morning?
Bird.

Who was your FIRST grade teacher?
I had two who co-taught - Mrs. Bib and Mrs. Beaver.

Where did you go on your FIRST ride on an airplane?
Hmm...probably Italy when I was six months old or so.

Who was your FIRST best friend and are you still friends with them?
Dana Mullen and Sean O'Dell were tied for that distinction, and we lost touch when I moved to Florida at age 9 or so.

Who was your FIRST kiss?
Hmm...D.L, and it curled my toes. My Goddess, that man could kiss!

Where was your FIRST sleep over?
I have no idea. I used to sleep over at my grandparent's house all the time, as a kid. Does that count?

Who was the FIRST person you talked to today?
Bird.

Whose wedding were you in FIRST?
Actually IN? I've never been IN one, although I've officiated a couple.

What was the FIRST thing you did this morning?
Cuddled Bird. Played "What dinosaur am I?" with him.

What was the FIRST concert you ever went to?
Either Carly Simon or Bonnie Raitt...I can't recall who was first.

FIRST tattoo and/or piercing?
First and only piercing - ears. First tattoo, left back-shoulder, triple moon symbol, filled in with art.

FIRST foreign country you went to?
Again, I'd have to say Italy at six months of age.

FIRST movie you remember seeing in the theater?
Bambi...I think...

When was your FIRST detention?
I never had one.

What was the FIRST state you lived in?
RI

Have you ever called a person useless?
Yes.

What object in your room is really important to you?
Umm...my books? That is, if the question refers to bedroom. If it refers to the room I'm currently in, then Bob the Wonder Computer.

Are you good at hiding your feelings?
Oh, yes. I learned young.

Would you kiss an ugly person for $1,000?
No, but I would kiss them for free if they needed it - I don't see beauty in a normal way, anyway.

What kind of sense of humor do you have?
Dry and dark with a touch of sarcasm.

Do you usually tell people when they hurt your feelings?
If they mean anything to me, yes.

Do your initials spell out a word?
No.

When is the last time you talked to an ex?
I haven't got any.

How often do you give high fives?
Daily - Bird is very into that right now.

What does the 10th text in your inbox say?
I don't text.

Is your shirt new?
No.

Where is the last place you went to go eat?
Shayne's Rib Shack, I think...or Carabba's on the way home from the performance last weekend...

Have you bought any clothing items in the past week?
No.

Do you live near your ex boyfriend/girlfriend?
I don't have any.

If you had to sleep with a teacher from high school, who would it be?
From high school? Hmm...I have no idea. I had some cuties, but they weren't my cuppa. Now, in eighth grade...

Has your house ever been TPd?
No.

Do you sing in the shower?
Often - I have written and put the finish on many songs in there.

Where is the last place you went shopping?
Publix.

Do you have the same name as one of your relatives?
No.

What kind of car does your sibling drive?
Umm...I have no idea...a great big gas chugging, pollution spewing SUV, I think (I loves you, big brudder).

What kind of car do you drive?
Chevy Astro van. I have much love for it.

Are you looking for a boyfriend/girlfriend?
Oh, hells no!!

How old will you be in 8 months?
Same age I am now.

Do you prefer a call or a text?
A call. I don't text.

Did you enjoy your last kiss?
Yeah - Bird gave me an Eskimo kiss.

Have you ever been on television?
Yes, although I tried not to be.

How many cities/towns have you lived in?
Who counts these things? Umm...as many as the houses I've lived in?

Do your parents drink coffee every morning?
I haven't a clue. Maybe.

Have you ever donated blood?
Often.

One song that's meaningful to you?
I can't pick just one. How about an album? 1 Giant Leap.

No comments: