Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

The end is nigh!

Well, maybe not, but this is the second day of snow in a week. In Georgia. So who knows? Me? I'm happy...I spent over an hour playing on the doodle site I posted earlier, and it's been snowing...so it's shaping up to be a decent day. At the moment, I'm easy to please. I took some pictures when it first started, and again just now. Standing on my front not-a-stoop-because-it's-too-big-but-not-a-porch-because-it's-too-small and listening to the hissing snowfall, the clicking of the melting drops, the geese off in the distance, and the silence behind it all was a blessed bit of zen time. I watched the birds flitting to the feeder - I filled it up a little earlier today - and that was lovely. I can't identify them all, but there were Chickadees, some sort of wren, Cardinals, and I think Grossbeaks. I really should pay better attention to the bird book my dad and stepmum sent me. Anyway, here are some pictures...and be warned, I am sure to be an utter goof and take more as the "storm" progresses, because it is a rare treat and should be enjoyed to the maximum.
Just Beginning

Snow Falling on Cypress

Coming Down Harder, Now

Strategic Perch
Don't clean your glasses...it's a blurry shot, but I still like it

Fairy in the Snowfall

Wait Your Turn

Little Guardian
(This is about forty minutes after it started)

Oh, also, pray for me - mum and I have decided that the middle of a snowstorm in Georgia is the perfect time to go shopping for bluejeans in Gwinnett County...a good half-hour drive from here in the best of weather. You can see where I inherited my crazy from, can't you?

No comments: